Thursday, November 27, 2008

Encounter with a Thug

One fine Sunday afternoon I along with my friends had a very pleasant get together at a nearby restaurant where we talked about our work and college days. After a long time we all could find time from our busy life for each other. We talked about various topics including daily routine of office and home, how we had changed ourselves in the last couple of years, old friends and their updates and lot many things. Meanwhile we had a petite lunch and then bid bye to each other and we all left for our places.

On my way to home the talks were reverberating in my mind and I was in a very good mood laughing myself recollecting the leg pullings. If anyone would have noticed me laughing at myself he would have definitely thought me to be an insane moron. But I guess nobody saw me as I couldnt see them for I was deeply engrossed in my thoughts. I thanked God for the wonderful time spent few moments ago.

As I was walking down to my home on  a road secluded and abandoned during Sunday afternoons two persons voice brought me back form the world of thought to the world of reality. They were dressed up in the typical Hindu priests costume having On written down in all over their apparels. What they needed was only a rupee for Mata Vaishnavi Devi ( a famous Hindu god of North India ) Since I didnt mind shelling out a  rupee for all the blessings of the God I opened up my purse in front of them and as I had no change I pulled up a five rupee coin and handed it over to the guy. He took out a small replica of that God and gave it to me as asked me to keep it with me for the rest of life. I was about to leave when he asked me to take out the largest denomination note in my purse and make it sacred by the blessings of God only by making it touch to the photo picture of God. Not aware of his intentions I handed him a hundred rupee note and he murmered something and asked me to give the thousand rupee note which I had to make it sacred too. Then I wondered why was he interested in making my money sacred. I could smell something fishy then and I asked him to return back my hundred rupee note and pretended to be in a hurry. He didnt return my note and held it firmly in his fists. I tried to reach his fist and get my money back but he handed it over to the guy next to him who was his accomplice and left the place. This guy started assuring me that they would return back my money only after making my thousand rupee note sacred. 

Now I was sure of their intentions and tried to trick this second guy by saying that I would make my thousand rupee note sacred but only after getting back my previous note. But that expert judged my intentions rightly and was adamant that he is not going to hand over the note untill i showed him my new note. I became more bold and asked my money back in harsh voice. That is when he realised that his chances of convincing me are in vain and asked me to think that I have contributed my money to two hungry people and my money is used for a noble cause and placed the note in his bag under his shoulders. I reached back to him to get it back but stopped back before placing my hands inside.

Wat I saw inside was horrible.  Can you people guess what was inside? There were 2 snakes inside his bag.  Even though I knew that those snakes werent poisonous I didnt dare to put my hands in. He laughed at me and I threatened to complain about him to the police. In reply he said that he didnt get the note from me and reminded me that I had given the money to the first person who had now left from the place. After his reply I tried to recollect my poor knowledge of laws of catching an accomplice but by that time the second person too left and there was no trace in which direction he fled. I had never believed I could ever be tricked this way.

Now I am in a dilemma whether I should thank God for saving my thousand rupee note or scold him for making someone get away with my hard earned money in such an easy and cheap way. And should I term that act of those guys a good stategy to earn money?

What do you people say? And what had you done had you been in my place ? In the end I would ask you people to be aware of these types of thugs and tricksters.

5 Comments:

Blogger parul said...

horrible............

November 27, 2008 at 5:51 AM  
Blogger Semper Fidelis said...

Ha ha ha...LMAO
BAD THINGS HAPPENS TO GOOD SOULS.Kalyug hai be
Wen we landed in Delhi for the first time our cab driver did mention about this snake handlers..Just try to recollect
Haan agar tumne apna Sardar taxi driver ka wisdom words suna hota to ye scene avoid kar saktha tha...lol

November 27, 2008 at 5:54 AM  
Blogger abhi said...

Its gud that u r safe, so thank god.
Here in gurgaon in front of a Mall in the afternoon one guy hit badly the other guy for 100 ruppee, and no one came forward to save him.

One same incident happen with my frnd. i would like to share it

One day in the mrng, a baba ji came in front of our home and rang the bell, my frnd went to see who was there. It was baba who starts talking to him very politely and like some1 who is antaryami.
then he said to my frnd to think of a number in his heart. after that he just easily tell him the number which he thought. I dont know how it happens but it was real, may be some kind of magical trick or whatever but after then he starts asking for money and starts telling him about his future and making more money. so it was like trap which once agreed upon you cant come out of that. My frnd is so strong and strong from thoughts also i mean i was shocked that he gave money to him. Man you cant trust any1.
That was totally crap baba used some kind of hypnotism to do this.

chalo vaise leave it.
be careful never handover ur hard earned money to any1.

November 27, 2008 at 6:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Balki, Im glad that you are safe by God's grace. Well, I would have responded just like you if I was in your place. Nowadays people have become so selfish and money minded that they don't hesitate to play such tricks and cheat people in all possible ways. I agree with you,those ethicless guys adopted a good strategy to earn money easily. I understand your situation and in my view we should not trust and belive someone easily unless and until you know the person very well. Such sort of weird experiences and lessons learnt in life will help us in becoming a better person.

November 27, 2008 at 9:29 AM  
Blogger still searching my self said...

all is well that ends well, and after all this episode u r safe this is good for both of us..

comment to ho gaya ab ye bata was it real incident or imagination of ur empty mind.

November 28, 2008 at 10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home